Catacombes de Paris
The Catacombs of Paris, a term used to name the municipal ossuary, are originally part of the old underground quarries located in the 14th arrondissement of Paris, linked together by inspection galleries.
They were converted into a municipal ossuary at the end of the 18th century with the transfer of the remains of roughly six million people, evacuated from various Parisian cemeteries until 1861 for public health reasons. They then took on the misleading name "catacombs," by analogy with the underground necropolises of ancient Rome, although they never officially served as a burial site. Wikipedia ↗
No subsidy, investment or public contract could be tied to this place in the open data: day-to-day running costs (upkeep, staff) are not broken down by place. Only subsidies to an operator, investment projects and public contracts that name the place appear here.
See 3 more moments
AI reading of 8 documents out of the 66 returned by the search — each line links to its deliberation.
Read the 3 citations in the municipal bulletin archives (Gallica)
Account written by AI from the selected extracts of the city’s official bulletin — each extract links to the scanned page on Gallica.
Conseil de Paris (Débat-Délibs) ↗ · Bulletin municipal officiel (Gallica/BnF) ↗ · CA annexes, Ville de Paris · Wikipédia ↗




